Sponsored Ad

Fish with Spicy Tomato Sauce topped with Garlic Spinach Recipe

Fish So Delish
This fish dish was oh so delish. Most of the things I cook are inspired by my parents and the food they cooked in my home from childhood. From the smoked fish and palm oil to the salmon and grits. 

My recipes are usually some variation of dishes I grew up eating. I love seafood, but sometimes I feel like it can be a little boring. This is my very own version of fish and hot sauce.



Food Conscious
I have always been a pretty healthy eater. I've just become more conscious of what it is that I am actually eating over the years. 

I'm aware of the preservatives and the alkalinity of foods. I've even been studying the genealogy of vegetables and fruits.


The Spice of Life

I take the dishes inspired by my parents and make them with a healthy spin or kick to them. 

My background is Liberian and the food is full of flavor and spices. I LOVE Spicy food, so you will notice that most of my recipes will include a hot pepper of some sort. Of course, you cook it how you want it to be.




What You Need:

Filet Fish of some kind 
(I used Whiting)
Tomatoes
(1 can or 4 plum)
Spinach
1 Onion 
(chopped)
 2 Garlic cloves 
(minced)
2 Habanero peppers 
(chopped)
2 tsp Capers
3 Cups of Flour
Lemon Juice
Cilantro
Olive Oil
Canola Oil 
(for frying)
Italian Seasoning
Sea Salt



First You
Take the thawed fish, cut each filet into 2 pieces and season well. Seasoning tends to fall off during frying. Then pour the flour into a plastic container, big enough to accommodate the fish. Place the fish in the flour container cover and gently shake to evenly coat. 

I usually only coat 7 or 8 pieces at a time to minimize any sticking. Deep fry the fish for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and floating to the top. Place the fish on a plate to drain the excess oil.




Second
Next you take a pan and coat with Olive oil. Add the onions, let them get translucent then add the garlic. When adding the garlic lower the stove. Garlic tends to burn quickly and will get a bitter taste once brown. 

Add the tomatoes, habanero, cilantro and lemon juice. Season to taste. Let this simmer for about 6 minutes then add the capers toward the end. Turn off the stove and let sauce sit to thicken.




Third
Now to prepare the spinach. Start with olive oil and garlic then add the spinach. Season with sea salt, pepper and whatever else you like. Everything has to be seasoned individually, just not too much.



Finally

The fish can be placed on the plate with the tomatoes and spinach topping, ate as is. Or enjoyed on top of pasta of your choice or rice. This could even be made into a Po' boy sandwich. 

I chose to make it as a lite afternoon snack and ate it as it was. It was so delicious and the ingredients were so fresh. You should try it.





No comments:

LIKE HMC ON FACEBOOK