Sponsored Ad

Spicy Habanero Jumbo Shrimp with Spicy Garlicky Kale Salad Recipe

Image by Hip Mommy Chick
Spicy Jumbo Shrimp with Spicy Garlicky Kale Salad Recipe

If you've never had Raw Kale Salad you ain't livin, I'm telling you. 

Kale all by itself has a smooth, sweet almost creamy taste to me. I love it raw, cooked, or baked. It really is the perfect addition to any meal. It is also so good for you and chock full of Vitamin C and K. High in beta carotene, calcium and a chemical named sulforaphane, with potent anti-cancer properties. 

I once lightly sauteed my Kale in olive oil that was infused with fresh, Dill, Thyme and Rosemary. At the time, I was preparing steamed Lobster Tail and Jumbo Shrimp (shrimp was just to throw in there and ended up tasting just as good as the lobster) and used the left over garlic butter and lemongrass water to steam the Kale. Makes me close my eyes, shake my head and sigh just thinking about it. My goodness, when I tell you this was a mouth orgasm, I'm not lying. The way the flavors mingled together had me questioning why I had never tried it this way. 

Anyway, on to the equally tasty Spicy Jumbo Shrimp Kale Salad Recipe:


Ingredients:

There really is no set amount of ingredients you need necessarily, so I'll improvise. Also, if you are not a spicy eater, don't use Habenero Pepper it will burn your tongue off.

Fresh Kale (I usually get the 1 lb. bag of Nature's Greens)

1 lb. Wild Shrimp (or Farm raised your preference)

1 Habanero Pepper (I like really, really spicy food)

Half a Onion diced

1/2 Cup of Garlic, minced (use more or less, your preference)

Olive Oil

3 to 4 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice

Fresh Herbs of your choice: 

I used 

Rosemary

Thyme

Kosher or Sea Salt (to season salad)


You'll need: 

A large bowl to mix the Kale Salad together

Strainer to clean shrimp

Directions:


Kale Salad: First start by combining the Kale, 2 Tablespoons of Lemon juice, a few drops of Olive Oil, Garlic, and salt. Massage the ingredients into the Kale and let it sit in the refrigerator for 15 mins. or so (longer if wanted), the Kale gets soft, tender and turns a bright green when just right. 

The Kale salad I prefer is made with Nutritional Yeast and soy sauce. Nutritional Yeast has a wonderful cheesy taste to it. The soy sauce gives it the final kick, I didn't have any when I made this so I omitted it from the recipe that time. However, I suggest adding the nutritional yeast flakes for optimal flavor and to keep it Vegan, but still achieve the cheesy taste. Okay, so moving on.

Shrimp: The shrimp should be cleaned and de-veined and seasoned to taste. I left the shells on for this one, but I often take the shells and tail off especially when preparing for the children. 

Start by setting the stove to med-high and combine the olive oil, fresh herbs and Habenero pepper together in a pan to infuse the oil. Add the onion, minced garlic, and remaining lemon juice and cook until onion is translucent. 

Then add the shrimp and turn the stove up to med/high to achieve slightly crisping the shrimp. Cook this for about 8 to 10 mins or until the shrimp is a nice pink color and crispy. 

Top the Kale Salad with the Shrimp Mixture and enjoy a healthy taste sensation.

Note: All ingredients can be modified to your desire. This salad would go great with scallops, lobster or any seafood or poultry.


Narjah,

Your Hip Mommy Chick 
Living the Whole Shebang


Love this blog and want to show some support? Please be sure to click the Top Mommy Bloggers banner everyday. Your Vote counts and helps me to be able to bring you more great giveaways and content. Thanks so much for your continued support. 

Click to Cast Your Vote for Hip Mommy Chick Here
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

LIKE HMC ON FACEBOOK